Sunday, July 29, 2007

People on the street

The streets are crowded. There are so many people coming and going.

In a typical day I travel to work, hang out there for several hours, then go back home.

In a typical day such as that one, I usually meet anything from 100-600 people I guess. The greatest bulk of those are complete strangers. Chances are most of them are people I will never meet again, and if I do, I won't even recognize them.

Yet it's amazing what simple moments can teach us. I believe that every encounter means something - that in every encounter with another human being there is something to be learned. There's a way to evolve.

The only problem is that we are sometimes too preoccupied with ourselves to notice the lessons.

Sometimes we are too arrogant to notice the lessons.

Whatever the reason, often these critical lessons of life are missed. And that is just sad.

I have learned the majority of what I know about life from observing other people. I have learned from everyone and I hope I can continue to do that. The highest - and lowest - person in the world has the potential of changing us.

Through accepting that, I have found joy in looking at people as I walk or drive down the street. I'm thrilled to see what people are doing when I'm waiting for the train. Every smile, laugh or snarl is a look into the human soul.

As every person holds a piece of the jigsaw, every time I learn something I'm one step closer to completing the puzzle. The puzzle of life. The one thing I'll always strive for.

What I have learned is to never underestimate what others can teach us casually. Everything happens for a reason, no matter how random and insignificant it seems at times.

I'll always remember coming out in a foreign street in a foreign country and meeting someone who would later change my life in many ways. Had I missed the signs then I would've missed some of the most beautiful things in life.

5 comments:

  1. yes,thats so true evry thing is happening for a reason,and evry time i just think about it i finf my self waitting for whats gonna happen acording to it, but i think its gonna be along time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll always remember coming out in a foreign street in a foreign country and meeting someone who would later change my life in many ways. Had I missed the signs then I would've missed some of the most beautiful things in life.

    nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MoOody, you always leave your prints in my soul when I read your shiny words :)
    I like when you said " puzzle of life" for me every person ( every thing has a soul) and every detail of this life is a peice of that puzzle ...
    When I walk in the street or stand by my window; I look in people faces especialy thier eyes ... for me eyes is the gate for thier souls ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as long as you don't stare and make them feel violated :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah ,

    streets are full of stories ..

    sometimes you need to walk it yourself to make somthing out ...

    and some other times you will hate it like you never walked in it a day ...

    the point is we never meet those we really want to see on the streets,,

    a strange thing in fact .. you get shocked most of the time on streets ..

    so that's it ..

    ReplyDelete