Monday, July 16, 2007

Angels

There are angels on Earth.

It may be rather rare, but sometimes we may run into them. Not the wingy type of angels, more like human angels. They are every bit human, alive and mortal, but they have something extra. They have a saving grace.

I met an angel a few weeks ago. I didn't know it then but later I realized that she is one. She doesn't realize she's an angel, they never do. Even when they are told they are angels, they don't really understand/believe it.

"I don't really know how to be angry at someone. It is not that I forgive easily, I really don't know how to be mad at someone in the first place"

Her words rang in my ear for days and days like I just heard them an hour ago. She is of the purest heart. She was not pretending, she was not trying to impress. She was sincere in ways I have forgotten throughout my life. She is not capable of hurting anyone. She is not even capable of acknowledging when someone hurts her. For that, angels suffer the brutality of humanity more than others. People tend to abuse those who they think are weak. But angels are not weak, they are very strong. It is just their nature that makes them this way. It is their choice.

But this is not all that makes them angels. What really makes them angels is their aura. They have an aura of goodness that surrounds them all the time. People rarely see it. It's not physical, and humans are so attuned to only acknowledging what's physical. But the aura is there and it is so strong. When I met that angel, I knew there was something special. I could not see the aura but I felt it - and I felt it every strongly.

Their goodness aura brings out the best in people. No matter how horrible we are, there is always at least a grain of goodness in us. In the presence of an angel, that grain of goodness will come to the top. In a way, their presence makes us better people, better partners, better co-workers and better businessmen.

Ironically, it is that same goodness aura that makes them burn out early. It is so cruel, but it is the truth. And when one of them burns out, they are left an empty shell struggling to find their place in a life that they can't recognize. A life they are too pure for.

I am so happy to have met that angel. For I need someone to bring out the little good in me every now and then.

If she burns out, it would truly break my heart. For I know what she is better than everyone else.

I'm so grateful to have her as my friend.

4 comments:

  1. Nice,i don't think it's a word to describe what I've read, when i started to read i told my friend:"bas what breathe wrote in his blog before showi is about to make me cry"..yes
    well..i can now formally say it,this is your best ever, I know i may be wrong, but that what's really touched my heart, simply because i had this experience of yours,once i had an angel friend,but Alas he's gone,and since he's gone i never ever could have normal friendships with others ! Losing the angel friends is the hardest thing ever, i wish for you and your angel friend to stay friends for ever,that's it ,I'm not gonna say more, simply I'll start to cry if I do,so plz can you do me a favor? never talk about angels again ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear, it’s the first time ever read magical words with lovely tune … I read it million times … I'm not only read it but also hear it and feel it.
    Every single word made me cry but also feeling happy … when we met I realized that you are amazing person … you are someone worth knowing.
    After reading this shiny words I understand more and more what "Play Me" means :)
    What can I say? Really my words slips away … you leave me speechless …

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say, but I think you made everyone who read this post wish that he or she would meet an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I feel so unlucky.. I've never met one :(

    ReplyDelete