Monday, August 27, 2007

Making a memory


Memories are peculiar on so many levels. No one understands why some memories last a few seconds while others last a lifetime. Why is it that I forgot most people I met this year while I remember childhood friends that I haven't seen in over 15 years?

For so many years, I have strove to meet new people. Usually I drift into their lives, affect them in several ways, and then drift out again - forgotten. I don't mind it. I'm used to it and I do believe that in part, this is my role in life. I just hope that the effects I leave on their lives are mostly positive. Thus, even when I'm forgotten, a part of me lives on.

But sometimes I don't want to be forgotten. I want to create a memory with someone. I want to live in their minds for a lifetime - even after I'm long gone. Memories are still peculiar, but I have realized that they mostly live in first times. The first times of everything are always the time when memories are created. The first time you ran away from school - you'll remember who jumped the fence with you. The first time you have a crash on someone - you'll always remember who they were for the rest of your life.

I have tried to make memories with every meaningful person who has entered my life. This could be the smallest thing to the biggest thing. It doesn't matter how serious or ridiculous it is, memories of first-times are always the strongest.

This way I'm sure that even when I disappear from their lives, there will always be things that will remind them of me. This has been so important to me because these people are so important to me.

Do you share any first-time memories with me? :)

5 comments:

  1. I used to get sad when thinking of people who i once shared memories with, but have drifted from as such is life. But now i believe, as u do, that we enter people's lives,and we may leave,but the memories created are what's important. Do i have a first time memory of u? hmm...i don't think so. Or do i? dunno. Wait. Have one. First time i entertained a friend from another country. Yeah,by jove i got it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The first times of everything are always the time when memories are created"
    I totally agree with you;
    like when you came to Amman and we had a walk then we see jasmine flowers you told me to suck it :)
    untill now when I saw Jasmine flowers I remember you and that moment and I WILL FOR EVER "its the first time".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess I memories about everything beautiful with you, everything special, everything funny, everything sad, every struggle, every tear, every laugh and every joke. I share my soul with you. We have memories every step of our life. I hope you know who I am .......

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know that song of bon jovi the one called "you want to make a memory" there is that line that said"you wanna make a memory ,you wanna steal a piece of time" and that is memories for me it is that piece of time you steal and keep it in your mind,heart and soul,that bit of time that last forever,happy or sad we use both recall the happy ones in the gloomy days to shine up the world around us and the sad one to learn how to deal with hard times in our lives.
    and for if i share first time memories with you oh my god do you have time to read my list?!!;)

    ReplyDelete