Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Darkness

Be brave, be strong
It's not easy when the sky is coming down
Please be gentle with me
There's not much I can do anymore

For you, I tried, to change the world
But I didn't count on the sky coming down
Battling beasts of pain, gargoyles of sorrow
For a change, just get out of my head

Divided inside
A witness to the war of titans
Interlocked horns in the eternal battle of me
That was never how it was supposed to be

Just let me sit back and give up
I deserve that little peace
Even mountains sway in the wind
And steel yields to the heat

The eternal battle is not over
Though the battlefield has been scarred
As I walk around I shed a tear
For a place I hardly know anymore

Broken and scathed, I lay back
This is not what I wanted to be
I close my eyes and embrace
Darkness


-Written by Breathe


1 comment:

  1. Darkness of the night creeps away, then comes the warmth of sunlight.
    Look there, at the end of the dark tunnel, there is a stream of light.
    Look inside you, there you will find the warmth of inner light.

    ReplyDelete